Thursday, June 5, 2014

Offline!

Sorry blogging world I have been "offline"! It's been a busy few weeks filled with high emotions, some baking, a little crafting, and trying to get by. 

I am trying not to do too much baking as the weather is getting immensely hotter! It's hard to keep things together and transport frosting and chocolate when it's a dry 109 degrees outside. I have had a a few projects these past few weeks.
 Whale tails for my niece and nephew's shamu themed birthday! Made of fondant of course! 
Shamu cupcake toppers! Made of chocolate cakepops! 
The final product. My sister made the cupcakes and frosting. 
Close up of shamu and the cupcake! They were a big hit at the party!
Purple sparkley Minnie Mouse cake pops for a bridal shower! Half were chocolate half were vanilla. Super cute and simple! 
Close up of the pops!

A few unfortunate events have also been occupying my time. One of my employees was diagnosed with cancer. Since finding out our Pita family has been coming together to make his fight a little easier. Not only did we make a great gift basket but the staff decided to work a night donating whatever tips they made to him. Leading to the days up to the event I made shirts, blasted social media with reminders, and tried to tell as many people as possible so we could get a good turn out! And that we did! We were able to raise over $5000 in one night it was AMAZING to say the least! It just shows what a community can do when they come together! 
My amazing, selfless, awesome staff who made the Phihhting for Phil night possible!
Shirts that the staff wore and then I made more for the family! 
An area to leave a note for Phillip to read in the hospital! 
The ever so cute Phillip! He WILL be a survivor!

Anyways sorry for being MIA I'm back online in the blogging world!

Thanks for listening! ;)

Sincerely,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment