Monday, April 14, 2014

Cookies and bunnies!

It is a rare occasion that I have 2 days off in a row but last week I just got lucky! Normally when this happens, I spend one day being a bum and the other trying to be productive. But I feel I used my two days off wisely! 

I had an order for sugar cookies! They were a simple design but pretty for a bridal shower! I liked how they turned out once bagged and ready to go. I had a good new sugar cookie recipe this time and added some orange zest for a good spring flavor. 
Cookies before being bagged! I don't have a lot of experience with sugar cookies but I keep trying! I'm by no means as good as Sweet Sugarbelle! She is amazing and quite an inspiration to the cookie decorating world! 
Here are the cookies all bagged and ready to go! Such a cute idea for a favor at a party!

Another project I got into this week was making Easter shirts for my niece, nephew, god daughter, and new baby cousin. And oh what fun this was! Once I made one I wanted to make more and more! I need to learn to sew because it would be cute to do matching little shorts! The shirts were so easy to make and you can do it for any occasion! Just pick out your favorite fabric buy a fuse able adhesive (found at a craft store) and a cute shirt to iron your design on to and your set! 
Fabric... After I did a few I learned you should fuse the adhesive to the fabric before cutting... It saves time.

Fuseable adhesive. Rough side gets ironed on to the back of the fabric then a layer peels off and it's ready to be used as an iron on! 

A few of the different shirts I made! They turned out so cute and perfect for Easter! Like I said it would have been fun to make little shorts with the fabric used for the bunnies but sadly, that is one hobby I haven't learned yet. Hopefully soon! 

Sincerely,
Sarah B:)

No comments:

Post a Comment